Friday, April 23, 2010

During the last couple of weeks, to complement my running, I've visited McFit four times, including my introductory session, working out on the diverse fitness machines and dutifully following my 'personal training plan' (which doesn't seem to differ very much from Satyasthira's plan). A couple of days following my first session, I had a bit of tingling in some of my chest and leg muscles, not quite stiffness, but I was aware that my muscles had been active. So far I've enjoyed the newness of the situation. It is a very different world from anything I've known, and the body-builders, busy with the weights and frequently checking their contours in the mirrors, has a kind of fascination. We'll see where it all leads, though I certainly have no thoughts of becoming a Mr. Universe contestant myself. There is a very funny clip from a Mr. Universe contest here.

This weekend I will be joining Vidyagita from Essen as representatives of the FWBO at the AGM of the German Buddhist Union, which is taking place at the Rigpa centre here in Berlin.

2 comments:

  1. Ich hoffe das DBU Treffen war nicht nur trockenes business!
    Ich hätte hier gerne ein Foto von dir, mit schweren Gewichten in den Händen, vor dem Spiegel stehend ....
    Wir gehen hier auch in die Mukkibude, dabei ist gleich ein 50m Schwimmbad und diverse Kurse. Bodybalance kann ich nur empfehlen für gestresste Läuferbeine!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete