Sunday, April 4, 2010

Summer Running Plans

According to my book, based on my half marathon performance I should be aiming for a 3:30 marathon in September, but I think I'll be following a plan for 3:45, which seems much more realistic and sensible. In the end I'll be happy to finish at all.

In the meantime I have the Big 25 in five weeks lined up, which starts and finishes in the Olympic stadium, and which I'd planned to run last year but was ill on the day, and four weeks after that I'll participate in the Potsdam half marathon. The twelve week marathon training plan begins at the start of July, after a four week period of recuperation. On August 31st I'll take part in the City Night 10km along Ku'damm, which begins as the sun goes down. It is reported to have a great party atmosphere, but also attracts top athletes. So the run up to my marathon attempt is taking shape.

1 comment:

  1. Ich habe vor 3,5 Jahren an dem City Night Run in Berlin teilgenommen. Macht riesigen Spaß!
    Maitricarya

    ReplyDelete