Monday, March 29, 2010

Berlin Half Marathon Results in Brief



I was very pleased with my performance yesterday, especially given that I have some kind of a cold, although the event was marred by the death of one runner who collapsed shortly before the end. Here are my statistics:

net time: 1:46:35
10 km time: 50:12
overall position: 4408
position (age group) 442
5:03 per km
average speed: 11.88 km/h

So I achieved my goal of 1:47. A bit of stiffness this morning, but nothing too dramatic. More results here.


and here is the medal!


4 comments:

  1. Good job!! The modest Buddhist Englishman in you neglected to mention that you finished in the top third! Though I doubt anyone is prouder than the guy in the over-80 age group who finished last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is true, and I guess it means that if there had been just three runners I would have won!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... as long as the other two didn't happen to hail from Kenya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So schnell schaff ich's nicht. Und dann bin ich wohl noch um ein Vielfaches langsamer als dein Vater.
    Maitricarya

    ReplyDelete