Monday, March 15, 2010

10km in Adlershof

On Sunday morning I took part in the 24th 'Little Birch Wood' 10km run in Berlin Adlershof. According to the forecast we were to expect wild, wet and windy conditions, but in the event it was a pleasant, if overcast morning, and I was reasonably pleased with my performance. I ran the course in 49:32, eight seconds longer than I took for the 'Berlin Grand' 10km in October 2008. I could have run faster this time around, but was aiming to run at 95% HF(max). Unfortunately I had forgotten my table and miscalculated so that instead of running with a heartrate of 177, I actually averaged 172. So not too disappointed, but will learn the lesson hopefully.

On Friday evening I visited the cinema for the first time in many months to see Johnny Depp in Alice in Wonderland, and thoroughly enjoyed my first experience of a 3-D film. Although not altogether true to Lewis Carol's original, having received the Walt Disney treatment, it was a fascinating and enchanting experience.

2 comments:

  1. Can you imagine a true-to-Lewis-Carroll film of Alice in Wonderland? The book has no plot, though I do vaguely remember the White Rabbit arriving late at the finish line because he miscalculated his ideal heartrate ... or something like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margie,

    Very good! Have a happy unbirthday! (Somehow they managed to completely leave that out of the film)

    ReplyDelete