Monday, February 15, 2010

What a great life

I really enjoy my life these days. I managed to get out training again this morning after an unfortunate break of a whole week, on account of my busy schedule. I ran my usual 9.5 KM stretch along the Landwehr canal, at a reasonable pace and completing it in 52 minutes. Given the snow I think that's not a bad effort. I had to move fast to get to the Buddhist centre afterwards in order to lead the lunchtime meditation class again. There were ten people there, a satisfyingly large number. In the evening I led the first meeting of an Introduction to Buddhism course, again ten people attended. I've led this course many times over the last few years and I always enjoy the enthusiasm, curiosity and energetic engagement of the participants. I always feel I benefit from leading the course too, and feel priviledged that I can be involved in this way. I often ask myself, what have I done to deserve such a fulfilling life?

No comments:

Post a Comment