Monday, February 22, 2010

New Shoes

I will certainly return to Runner's Point whenever I need to buy new running shoes again. I bought my first pair from them over 18 months ago and was impressed by the personal service and apparently expert advice. On top of that there was no attempt to sell me the most expensive shoes. I have to admit to being rather sceptical when I was told I could return the shoes if not fully satisfied after two or three weeks. As I was fully satisfied there wasn't any need.

So I naturally went back to the same branch well over a year later to buy replacements in October last year. I received a similar offer to bring them back in a couple of weeks if not fully satisfied. Unfortunately due to illness and a busy timetable I didn't get around to training much over the following five or six weeks. When I did manage to get out for more than a few kilometers I discovered that after about nine kilometers my right foot became very painful indeed. I still didn't manage to get back to the shop before last weekend, and had actually settled on having to buy another new pair. The shop assistant however, had no hesitation in offering to exchange the shoes - after four months - as well as dropping the price by 15,- Euros and throwing in a shirt for free! So now I have a pair of Asics GT-2150 which I put through their paces on Sunday during a 19km run along the snow covered banks of the River Spree in Treptower Park. No problems this time, and I am optimistic they will do the trick for the half marathon next month, and I have no doubts about recommending Runners' Point to others in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment